Article by CJ Bantam.
The Concorde has not flown in a decade. What clipped the wings of this technological wonder that flew around the planet at twice the speed of sound?
- The Last Ride Home
- An Amazing Feat Of Technology
- The Concorde Was A Joint Country Effort
- National Jealousy Keeps The Concorde Out Of the U.S.
- Crash Signals The Beginning Of The End
- Planes That May Replace The Concorde
There are flames a few metres long and a roaring noise. The pilot pushes the throttle forward and the Concorde starts to accelerate. The pilot pushes the throttle forward and the Concorde starts to accelerate. The plane points upwards after a 1500 or so feet. Then the unique triangular wings of the plane lift off the runway at 27T at Heathrow Airport in London, U.K. A large crowd observes the retracting wings of the aluminum plane as it climbs ever higher. “There goes a technological thing of beauty.” think many in the crowd. “For the last time.”